Sunday, March 19, 2017

Leaving the Artistic Nest

I am lucky enough to be surrounded by amazing artist everyday.  We learn from each other and inspire one another, and are in a constant community of creativity.  But... I graduate in May.  One of my largest fears regarding graduation is just that.  I will be leaving my creative community.  I will no longer be working side by side with the people who know my work best.  I am constantly worried about how my work is perceived by others, as all artists are.  However, these people I have spent so much time with, know my work so well.  They know my true intentions behind my work.  What happens when I graduate, and my audience changes.  People who don't know me won't know what a butterfly means to me, not like my classmates.  I have to start to figure out how to make my work and my intention more 'readable'.  More than that I need to learn how to continue to create without constantly being surround by the creative atmosphere of an art school.

No comments:

Post a Comment